I am sure that many market leaders are also involved with their urban system too and some may be even under 40- If so, check out Next City’s annual gathering, this year in Montreal.
Vanguard is Next City’s annual gathering of 40 of the world’s best and brightest urban leaders age 40 and under. The conference is free, and the window to apply closes Monday, December 12, at midnight. Here are their top 10 reasons to throw your hat in the ring to be part of the 2017 Vanguard conference happening in Montreal, May 31 to June 3.
1. Get to know 39 amazing leaders in your generation all doing innovative work in cities across the world.
2. It’s Montreal’s 375th anniversary and the city is celebrating year-round. Vanguards will explore one of our favorite projects, Cite Memoire, a nighttime multimedia experience projected throughout Old Montreal.
3. Participate in the planning process of Montreal’s urban transport network by using MTL Trajet throughout the conference. Designed by our conference partner Concordia University, Vanguards will track their movements across the city contributing to the Smart City Action Plan.
4. Finally get your chance to not be the biggest urban planning geek in the room.
5. Visit Mount Royal, designed by the world-famous Frederick Law Olmsted.
6. Participate in the annual Big Idea Challenge, which will leave a lasting impact on the city.
7. Form deep and lasting connections within an influential network of your peers.
8. Practice your French skills amongst Montreal’s Francophiles in the heart of the predominantly French-speaking province of Quebec.
9. You won’t be just another tourist. Yes, there are fun photo ops, but Vanguard classes dive deep into host cities. Check out what we packed into three days in Reno in 2015.
10. After seven years of hosting the Vanguard conference, we’ve built an influential alumni group, and many past participants will be attending. You’ll get to meet them — and join that growing club.